SettingSteel SpearGear

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Spearfishing Bayfront Report and Pix...SettingSteel

Late spearfishing report, been kinda crazy with the new pole spear we're prototyping...Headed out Sun. wind was under 5, seas were nice slow 1-2's water was below 70, cold as hell perfect for a 5mil, mostly sunny so that helped. We headed spearfishing outa Bayfront about 8'ish viz in most places was top to bottom we hit a few patch reefs outa Ceasars in 20-40' spearfished a few hogs, blacks, and YJ including a nice mule,and the biggest Trigger this year (yeah I know we're still in Jan. but hell that trig was a Toro). And in all a productive day spent a good 40 minutes extracting a black grouper, the snatch gaff (another new prototype) was christenen, and it saved the day, or is it the catch? The trick for pulling a holed up fish is to feel for the head and thats where you set the talon. I cramped in both hams late in the day (guess that tonic water does help as I ran out the night before), so that messed with my dives the rest, guess I have a good excuse for losing that 30+" black I thought I stoned off Alans ledge...Had another bud shoot my new bubinga/carbon custom enclosed track gun, 15+' and clearing fish, dead on accurate!








Till next spearfishing report, tight bands, straight shafts, and smooooooooth triggers!

Tone
http://www.settingsteelspeargear.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment