SettingSteel SpearGear

Monday, January 12, 2009

Spearfishing Report Duck Key 1-10-08

Headed out to Duck Key early Sat. morning. Although conditions called winds under 10 with seas 2-3 we were met with some nippy winds more in the 20+ and seas 3-4 with some 5'ers thrown in the mix. Although seas were pretty rough for our 20 footer the viz was surprisingly good top to bottom with some milky spots, current was ripping, probably due to the "very" full moon we had (and are still having) We headed to a couple of spearfishing spots I'd discovered on the last spearfishing trip and it did not disaapoint producing a few nice fish. The Rubble never disappoints with permits and YJ (were present but none of the "car door size"curious enough to check our shafts closerup) so I can't say the spearfishing was outrageous, but nonetheless productive. Hog Grass didn't dissappoint with the fish its named after we nailed quite a few hogfish snapper on this great spearfishing spot, and Hammerhead Finger produced the usual reef denizens and Fur speared this toad of a Red- as Fur tells it " I was stalking this black grouper and all a sudden I see this fish kinda staring at me at a distance, next thing I know I was wow he's gonna bolt so I went down as quick as I could thinking he's a gonner and this big'ol fish just sat there all lit up waiting for me to stick my shaft in him....boing...then he went crazy...I tackled him and wrassled him up" WTG Fur!!! All in all a nice day and heavy cooler!







Till next spearfishing report, tight bands, straight shafts, and smooooooooth triggers!

Tone
http://www.settingsteelspeargear.com/

2 comments: