SettingSteel SpearGear

Monday, February 2, 2009

The Best Spearfishing Dive Bag...Found It


The perfect spearfishing dive bag! For sometime I've been trying to find the "perfect bag", that is the dive bag that will keep all my spearfishing gear (and then some), together in one place, and do it neatly. I got tired of looking so I decided to make one. This is the final product after a couple of years prototyping different materials/designs for my dive bag. The primary material is Textilene.
I like that you can see through it, and it breaths, and its...everything resistant- Mildew, Rot, odors don't faze this stuff, plus it holds an incredible amount of weight. Rather than double stitching stress points, I double stitched the entire bag (using spectra thread) then baffle stitched it, just because...I can;)


I made 2 exterior pockets (15"X15"X3"), that will hold my 2 masks & snorkel, wetsuit (3mil), wt belt, floatline, gloves, and misc. spearfishing equipement (light, booties, knife etc.) I added some gnarly YKK zips to keep things well secured. The main compartment (46"X16"X7") holds 2 sets of fins (my cressi/edge) a pretty big Fiberglass spearfishing float, extra floatline (it is my low profile floatline) with room to spare. Since I like getting to the main spearfishing gear fast I made the main compartment with a double velcro closure, and finally 2 carry straps (which double as a backpack) completes the spearfishing bag.

I have given away a few of these spearfishing dive bags to friends to get some input, if the reviews are good (and I hope they will) I will begin to manufacture these dive bags locally (yes in Miami) for any in need of THE BEST spearfishing dive bag in the industry (humble huh ;)

Till next spearfishing report, tight bands, straight shafts, and smooooooooth triggers!

Tone
http://www.settingsteelspeargear.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment