SettingSteel SpearGear

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Short trip, Big Hog



I know, 2 days and 2 posts...what can I say, been getting alot of mail- folk asking if I'm alive-nice. Truth is I am, but been busy as hell preparing for the BlueWild, building guns and of course my daytime job...but hey always time to do some spearfishing, this report is outa


Blackpoint Marina in Homestead. Last week we had another window open, so we ready'd the Classic Whaler, aka "The Rompe Hueso" and headed out to Boca Chica, Soldier and surrounding area for some great spearfishing.
Conditions were lake-like, flat seas 2mph winds, and top to bottom everywhere we went....saweeeeet! We ran most of the regular spearfishing waypoints around Boca Chica, Soldier, and Sands saw an abundance of sea life

and managed to shoot a mixed bag of fish ....but not a mutton or decent grouper was to be found? After a few hours we cut the day short and headed home...




notable fish was a 23" (or a cuban 24) hog I stoned off a hump I call "One Rock Hump" everytime we drop in, there is a 20"+ hoggie waiting to do me right.


Thats the line-up with the smallest hog rounding in at 14", and a couple of mangos that weren't to shabby, for Elliot that is.



Till next spearfishing report, tight bands, straight shafts, and smooooooooth triggers!


Tone



No comments:

Post a Comment