SettingSteel SpearGear

Thursday, December 18, 2008

My very own Spearfishing Blog

Photobucket

Well its official, I got my spearfishing blogspot up and running! Welcome to SettingSteel Spearfishing Blog where spearfishing is the passion and everything ocean and friends come together. The primary reasons I started this spearfishing blog is to have a log of the days I've gone freediving and spearfishing, hence a record of how the day was, how the spot(s) we speared fish produced, as well as a memory of the spearfishing trips. Cause at the end what you will take with you are those GREAT memories of friends and spearfishing our great ocean!!!

I hope to see some of my old spearfishing friends contribute as well as see some new friends come aboard. The spearfishing community is pretty small compared to other rec. sports, and here in Miami, Florida where I live its a pretty tight group of spearfisherman...In fact we usually will bump into one or two boaters carrying guns who'll wave at a distance, a kinda "hey wasup, I spearfish too" type of hello. Well I hope some of you guys recognize me and c'mon over and introduce yourselves, as one can never meet enough buds to spearfish with, or as I often say "Green some water".

Another reason I got this spearfishing blog going is to share experiences, stories and spearfishing tips. Some that might very well save you life (a little trivia for you). If you get all the high risk sports combined (eg base jumping, bungie jumping, race car driving motor cross, alpining etc.) freedive spearfishing kills more of us each year than all these sports combined! So yes safety is important and as I come across some gear that increases our spearfishing safety margin, or tips that can keep us safer I'll post'em up. Tips on getting more fish, dive deeper, shoot better etc. I'll also try and post- and I hope anyone else that comes across some stuff does it too.

Finally, as an Industrial Designer by trade, I'm a big time spearfishing tinkerer, always getting spearfishing gear and trying to "one up it" so to say, often times (more than I care to mention) meeting a dead end, but sometimes, just some itsy-bitsy times I come across some stuff that I {modestly} think every spearfisher person in the world should own...these few and far between pieces of gear I usually handmake in small runs for friends and friends of friends, and friends of friends of those friends, whose friend wanted a friend to have one of their friends friend so I made it for their friend...get it? This stuff you will soon find on my spearfishing web site http://www.settingsteel speargear.com/. Like I said its not alot of spearfishing stuff but its tried and true, simple and functional, and has pretty much a lifetime guarantee. You'll also find a few free things over there, yep free...so surf on, I mean submerge on over there and check it out...and like always opinions/ spearfishing reviews are always welcome. Anyone interested in trying out my spearfishing gear just gimme a holler and will go out (what better excuse) and trial it!

Till next spearfishing report, tight bands, straight shafts, and smooooooooth triggers!

Tone
http://www.settingsteel speargear.com/

1 comment:

  1. Wow how cool is that, my first post...I'm an official spearin blogger....bringit on!

    Happy Holidays and Meryy X-mas to all!

    ReplyDelete